Wednesday, February 13, 2008

We're Open for Business Again!

Well I’m very excited to announced that Pastor Mike Spradlin will be making his first post on this blog sometime tomorrow! So what will He be writing about you ask? Well, last Friday I challenged all of you to dig deeper into the Word of God. And by “dig deeper” I didn’t just mean spending more time reading the Bible (though I know that wouldn’t be a bad idea for me personally). I meant actually reading the Bible with the intent of learning who God is--using it as a tool to know God, and to deepen your relationship with Him. Knowing God is so important because we cannot truly know ourselves and our purpose in life until we truly began to know who God is. True knowledge of ourselves begins with true knowledge of God. If we never seek to know God, we will stumble around lost, confused, and unsatisfied in the life.

Ok, now I realize that oftentimes the Bible just seems like some old dusty book about some really old dead guys, with virtually no relevance to our daily lives. Oftentimes it’s hard to see how talking donkeys, bloody sacrifices, and pillars of salt have any relevance to everyday problems like financial hardships, difficult relationships, and an overload of school work. I realize that finding relevance in the Bible is a HUGE barrier to actually reading the Bible for all its worth. This is a huge problem, and I’m gonna refer to it as “The Barrier.” Our task, guys, is to eliminate this barrier so that we can truly have a deep and meaningful relationship with God. This will not be an easy task, but neither of us will be going through it alone. We’ll have each other, and God to look to.

…So just what is Mike writing about anyway? Well, I’ve asked Pastor Mike Spradlin (and Mike Deter…he just doesn’t know it yet) to share with us some personal insights he’s received from the Word, and how he’s applied these in his everyday life. Ultimately, he writing about how he’s been able to see past The Barrier.

I encourage you all to post any questions or comments on his post. I really want for this blog to be another meeting place for us, especially since there are a quite a few of you who can’t make it to our Friday night studies.

Anyway, I’ll leave you guys with this verse:

For the word of God is living and active. Sharper than any double-edged sword, it penetrates even to dividing soul and spirit, joints and marrow; it judges the thoughts and attitudes of the heart. (Hebrews 4:12)

Warmly in Christ,

-Tim

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home